How does virtual express advising work?
- When you click the link to join the queue, you will be asked to register for virtual express advising. The link will go live at 8:15 am. This allows our team to gather some of your information prior to talking with you.
- Once you register, a COSE Advising staff member will add you the student to the advising queue.
- Advisors will connect with students in the order they were added to the queue. When you are the next student on the queue, you will receive an email invitation to join the advisor's Zoom room.
- There will be a wait to meet with an advisor.
- Wait times vary greatly depending on the following factors: proximity to registration opening for the upcoming semester, the number of advisors available, the functionality of advising software, the complexity of student questions, and more.
- Students have experienced wait times between 10 minutes - 4 hours.
- You will have five minutes from the time the email is sent to click the link and join the room. If you do not join within five minutes, the advisor will move on to the next student and you will be off the queue.
- If you miss your link, you need to fill out this registration form again to be added back to the queue.
- COSE Advising will close the registration form when the queue is full. This is so COSE Advisors can meet with all students who are in the virtual express advising queue prior to the event ending. For this reason, we recommend registering for virtual express advising as soon as the registration form opens.
Additional information about virtual express advising is included below the "Upcoming Dates" section.